Wednesday, March 18, 2009

how NOT to ask a girl out

So this blog has been pretty quiet for quite some time. I guess this is what happens when you make a blog that's solely devoted to your guy foibles and then there are no guys in your life? Well ladies, I finally have a story to share with you. It is nowhere near as appalling as my last date, but I still had a bit of a **durf** moment so I decided to share with all of you.

On New Year's Eve I went to a party that was thrown by a sister and several of her friends. I met this guy there and we spent the entire night talking. He got my number and we talked about going to get brunch sometime. After NYE he would text me to say "what's up?," but never actually took the effort to ask me out or to make concrete plans. He found my semi-private facebook profile (you need to be friends with at least one of my friends in order to find me, otherwise it won't show up in searches) and commenced a certain level of facebook stalking. Seriously folks, I understand "poking" someone once or twice, but 10+ times a day!!! Not cool. Or necessary. He had stopped texting me and never called and just resorted to facebook stalking so I got annoyed and lost all interest. Nearly two and a half months after we met, a couple of days ago, he sent me a facebook message saying that we're due for a brunch. Um wow. I thought the guy rule was 4 days, not 64 days. I sent him a message back saying I'm sort of seeing someone right now so no brunch and left it at that.

10 comments:

  1. What a tool, lik eNYE is not bad enough.

    I just stumbled upon your blog, glorious!

    After being single for a VERY long time, and going on some incredibly heinous dates, I got married a year and a half ago. Keep the faith, he's out there and probably right under your nose. My hub and I were friends for 10 yrs and I could not be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm so loving your blog! You are now in my blog list. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog from parkeveprincess, and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first and foremost i dont understand what good "poking" may probably do but i do understand what bad i can after reading your post...being a guy i need to be reading your blog more often.thank god i stumbled upon ur blog. me your follower, madame

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa on him!! If he can't man up and ask you out on a proper date then he isn't worth it!
    Smart move!

    xoxo,
    2PG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving from http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete